- How did your writing journey begin? Since I can remember I’ve wanted to write. In fact, I’d tried to write at various stages in my life but the words or story would never come. Any job I held in my adult life left me feeling incomplete, like I was missing something and just settling. I realized I never truly belonged in any of them. So in 2012 I made major lifestyle changes including walking away from traditional employment. Depression found me with my head buried in lots of books after which I concluded it was time to give my dream of writing another go. One wintry day in October 2016 I opened my laptop and started typing. To my delight I discovered the words and story which had evaded me for so long had found me, they now flowed freely and Whispers of the Realm was born. Was writing something you always wanted to accomplish as one of your goals?
- Yes, it’s been a lifetime dream since childhood.
What do you want your readers to take away when reading your books?
- Satisfaction, pleasure, enjoyment. Perhaps the desire to read another.
- How many books have you written?
- Do you plan to publish more in the future?
Yes. I’m halfway through writing the second book and already in the planning stage for a book three.
- Have you had any book signings? If so, how did that go? If not, do you plan to have one to connect with new readers?
No book signings yet but yes I aim to do them when my debut novel is released.
- What marketing strategies do you use for your books?
I have the usual social media channels including a Facebook page and up-to-date website; both are actively promoted. I also belong to several Facebook writers groups where I network regularly. I designed some awesome business cards which are handed out at every opportunity. Word of mouth. I’m open to suggestions and always looking at new ways to market!
- Are there any challenges getting people to support you?
No. I’ve found people to be very supportive and enthusiastic. When people find out I’m an Author it actually seems to ignite their interest, they want to learn everything about me.
- What is your writing style like?
Any special places you like to go and write at? It’s important I’m connected to what I write, the best way to achieve that is to write from the heart. If I can feel it, I can express it and it will work. I’m a perfectionist which means I’m constantly editing. It can take me a long while to produce something I’m happy with, I won’t start the next component unless the last is right! A special place doesn’t have to be physical as long as I have peace or gentle Celtic music I can pretty much write anywhere although I avoid crowds preferring the company of my dogs and to be in nature.
- How can readers connect with you and buy your books?
Readers can connect with me at my website www.beatricedececil.com Facebook: https://facebook.com/beatricedececil E-mail: email@example.com Links will be available on my website to purchase my books and also available through the publisher (details will be available at a later date on the website and Facebook).
- Tell the readers more about the types of books you write? Are some of them based on real life experiences?
I write fantasy and paranormal. Yes, I like to blend real life and knowledge in my novels. Before I started writing seriously, I kept a dream journal for several years. Many of my dreams have been adapted and used in my first book. I also found my personal experience as an Aura reader insightful and helpful when writing Whispers.
- I was reading your bio on your website and I noticed it said you read eight books in a week! Wow! How do you do it?
Lol Reading has always been a good therapy for me. Since childhood I’ve been an introvert and as a teenager the neurological disorder epilepsy appeared in my life. I became even more reclusive, losing myself in books and listening to music. Although I came to terms with my condition, my love of reading continued. A few years ago something cropped up which led to depression followed by PTSD with spells of insomnia so I turned to reading. Devouring 8 books in a week was quite commonplace at the time. Nowadays, it’s more like 2-3 a week.
- Whispers of the Realm sound interesting. When is that set to release?
I’m not sure! I recently signed Whispers of the Realm, my debut novel, with a notable U.S. publisher. There’s a lot of prep work involved before it’s ready for the market. I’m thrilled to be working with them and anticipate it will be later this year.
This interview was brought to you by That Riverz Gurl Media, LLC