When life takes a sudden turn; an unexpected loss of a love one, loss of job, divorce/relationship problems, health issues, and the list goes on…. We are quick to ask, why God, and why me? What am I going to do? We panic! We get scared. We suddenly feel alone, like our world has ended.
It’s not always easy, nor is it our first thought. But, I challenge you, when unwanted circumstances arise, pause… and see what God is saying? Trust me, it’s not easy, I know! When I am faced with adversity, the first thing I always hear is the Holy spirit saying is: “Just trust me!”
You have to remind yourself of His faithfulness. Hebrews 11:1, now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Reactivate your faith and begin to speak the goodness of God into your life, give him glory during the storm. It’s not easy, but you’ve got to fight your way to victory! Put on the full armor of God; the helmet of Salvation, the breastplate of Righteousness, the belt of Truth, walk in the sandals of Peace, and shield yourself with the sword of faith.
Well, how do I do that, you might be asking?
You have to declare His promises daily, speak it, cover yourself in His Word. After you have declared it, begin to see it coming to pass. Ask God to renew your heart and mind daily, well what does that mean? Ask Him to give you a clear mind and heart, to take away all of the negativity, to silence the tongue of the enemy so that you can hear His voice and His voice alone.
Think about all that could come from losing your job, yes it seems as if things are not going to be taken care of, but God is a faithful God. He’s not going to leave you nor forsake you. You have to know, that God did not bring you this far, to only bring you this far…. There’s an opportunity brewing with your name on it, it took losing the job for God to prepare you in this season for what He has that’s greater. It aligns with the desires of your heart and the plans He has for you. Think about it, it’s what you’ve been praying for. (smile)
Had it not been for your marriage/relationship being tested, your strength and faith would not have been challenged and you would not be discovering a new you or growing with your mate and falling in love daily reaching new heights together as one. It brought you closer together, it made you/them see your faults and amid all of that drama, you fell in love again, you discovered that you never knew a love like this. The silence, the distance, the argument was preparing you for what’s yet to come. Strengthening you to build a business together, showing you how to build a home and not just have a house, preparing you for the love of a new addition to your family, teaching you how to handle one another in love and respect. It was part of the plan for the next level in your life, the new beginnings…
When things suddenly happen, sometimes we just have to accept it and force ourselves to see the good over the bad. When the enemy comes in like a flood, trust that God will raise a standard against it. However, everything is not always the enemy, it may just be part of the plan to grow you, to push you, to make you better, to allow you to see yourself, or to allow you to see God and give Him the opportunity to move.
You have to have faith in the middle of failure TD Jakes
During adversity, look at it as God preparing you for what’s next. He has you in solitaire so that you can hear His voice and this time, move as He says to move. Allow His word to be a lamp onto your feet and to direct your path. Psalm 119:105
The next time you find your back up against the wall, I encourage you to embrace the bad and know that it is for your good. Take a deep breath and follow the steps below so that you can hear God’s voice, not your own, nor the enemies, as you are being prepared for your next opportunity.
When Preparation meets Opportunity
Five Days of Preparation
(New Job, Promotion, Relationship, Marriage, Kids, Finances, Strength, Health, Friends, etc.…)
- Day 1: Stop! Breath in, exhale…. What is God saying? Tune everything out, get into your quiet place and listen for His voice. Don’t request anything, don’t complain about anything, just listen…. Don’t move, until you have heard the voice of God! Not your own voice, not the enemies, but the voice of God!
Psalms 46:10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God
- Day 2: Now apply what the Lord has given you on Day 1. For me, He just kept saying to trust Him, whenever fear or doubt set in, I softly repeated, Lord I trust you! I made it a part of my day to continuously say, as I walked, as I sat at my home desk, as I worked on my plan, driving home, in my room, while praying…. Lord, I trust you!
- Day 3: What are your desires/vision/dreams? What do you want?? Ask yourself, is it really what you need…Write them out… I specifically wrote out everything in a job that I wanted. I was very detailed and specific, I didn’t just express my desires about the type of work I wanted to do, but also the co-workers, Boss, atmosphere, office space, pay…. EVERYTHING! After my request where made known, I still said now God, not my will, but yours!
Habakkuk 2:2 Then the LORD replied: “Write the vision and make it plain!
- Day 4: PRAY! You must believe in His promises! Go over your desires/wants/dreams/vision…find scriptures and pray over what you have written, speak it, believe in your heart, and trust God, knowing that if it’s part of His Will and plan for your life, nothing is impossible, it will come to pass! Consider it done, In Jesus Name! Faith walk…
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Day 5: Claim it, envision it…start seeing yourself doing it, and just begin to thank Him daily! What you speak has power! Speak life into everything that you are preparing for! Eventually, your preparation will meet the opportunity!
Mark 11:23 Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will.
1 Thessalonians 5: 18 that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.
As you patiently wait on God, begin to thank Him! Start preparing for what’s next to come. May your prayers be answered, and the desires of your heart come to pass according to His plan, His Will, His purpose for your life.
Rejoice! The new job is coming, the marriage/relationship will be restored, your children will rise above and find order, your finances will increase, your heart will be healed, your body will be healed, your mind will be healed, you will be the next TESTIMONY!
He’s preparing you for the next opportunity.
Amara L.Russell is a Motivation/Inspiration contributing blogger for Elevate Ur F.U.S.E. She is also an author of Nspired and A Rare Diamond. You can purchase her books on Amazon. Follow her on Instagram at @arare_diamond1